Monday 22 March 2010

Wow another award/Scary pictures/Stitchy up-date!

Okay well lets get the scary pictures over with first and yes I do look very grumpy as I just detest having my picture taken.
I haven;t had my hair cut for over a year as my local hairdressers closed down and it is a chore I just hate.  Working with little ones I always have my hair tied back so as the months went on I didn;t realise how long it was becoming.  I did notice all the grey but I just kept telling myself what lovely silver highlights I had...lol.  So on Saturday I finally bit the bullet went for the chop and a new colour.  I do like it but isn;'t it a pain when you style it yourself it never looks anything like it did in the hairdressers.

Sorry I only have a few stitchy pictures to tease you with today as my latest projects are all for gifts and I know that the people they are for all are regular readers of my blog.  As you can see the first one is all packaged up and ready to go in the mail this afternoon.   The second one I have a tiny bit to stitch on it , then I have the fun part of putting it together.  I'm hoping it will be winging its way overseas by the end of the week.   I also started a third gift this morning.  It is on the same lovely green fabric I used on my little girl on the fence and I am using my new dye is cast threads.   They are so lovely to stitch with , it is such a shame that they are discontinued.  If anyone has any in their stash they would like to trade with please drop me a line.



Each and every day I discover more and more beautiful inspirational blogs out there in blogland and for someone who is quite new to all this I am once again over the moon to be given another award.  Thank you so much to the lovely Cath and Louise who both nominated me.   I now need to choose another 12 blogs to pass it forward too.  Once again this is not going to be easy as I love all my blogs on my list and I would love to give one to you all but I need to choose 12.  So in no particular order here they are:










  1. Viv 





Now here are the rules to follow:

1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass on the award to another 12 people.
3. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Share the love and link to this person from whom you received this award.
5. List your twelve nominees links within the post.

Well I need to go get organised to visit the library now.  I didn;t get the chance to read any of my books this month but hopefully in a few weeks time when I am on holiday I will catch up with my reading.  Be back soon. Hugs!

20 comments:

Marion said...

Love the new hair!!!!
I detest getting my hair cut...actually I just detest getting myself to the shop, but I made a point for the last year to get it done regularly by the same girl and I love it!
Take care
Marion

Catherine said...

Your cut and color look great!

Michelle said...

Wow your hair looks really nice - suits you. I love the Dye is Cast Threads too. Michelle x

Cheryl said...

Oh wow, your hair looks great! Really frames your face. Lovely colour too! I had my hair cut recently and its great to go short!
Thanks for the award :)

Erna said...

You look wonderful, love the new cut.
Hugs
Er

scotstwinmum said...

Love the new cut

Daffycat said...

Love the new 'do, Elaine!

Thank you so much, I am honored!

Bette said...

I love your new color and cut. Would love to have my hair look like that. And I definitely relate to hating having my picture taken.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love the new haircut - you look fab.

Thank you for my Sunshine Award x x

Carol said...

Your new cut and color are looking just great :)

Mylene said...

Love the new hair-cut.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great new cut!

corinna said...

great haircut
looks easy to care for and very pretty

love the gray hair as highlights idea
my kind of thinking

staci said...

Your new hair-do looks fantastic! Congrats on your well-deserved award and thank you for thinking of me :)

Annette said...

`What a lovely pieces you have stitched.. You hair looks great...

Siobhán said...

Congrats on the award! Thanks for passing it on to me, too. :)

Your new 'do looks great! I just went yesterday & had mine cut and colored. I hate going but I hate the gray even more. It's always hit or miss as to how it'll look when she's done styling it. This time I looked like I had a mushroom on my head, so I was glad to restyle it myself!

Lovely stitching!

Tracey said...

Love your new 'do!! And congrats on your award! :)

Nancy said...

Lainey please email me I think you are the winner of my giveaway....Nancy

PS Your hair looks great!

nancy@glorybeestitch.com

Sally said...

Your new hair cut looks great Elaine! It really suits you.

♥ Nia said...

Your new hair style looks great!! :D
Congratultions on your award!
:)