I finished my March SAL piece from Whispered by the Wind. This was a cute little design to stitch. I can't wait to see what design Elaine chooses for April. I have also finished off my two gift pieces that I was working on. Can any of the uk ladies who read my blog suggest anywhere here that I can buy tiny buttons. I need some red, white and blue stars. I've tried ebay, debbie cripps etc but no luck so far.
We celebrated Mothers Day here on Sunday. I got these two beautiful cards, darling little chocolate moo cow and money for my new stash which arrived today. I bought some "Dye is Cast" threads, I know that they are now discontinued but I can;t afford to buy my favourite GAST, Weeks and Vikki Clayton silks so I had to look in the uk for an alternative and I found these on sale for £1.14 each. I've never used them before but they look pretty enough threads and at this price I will be saving up for some more. My fabric I also got on sale at Cross-stitch Direct, the colours are Bay Leaf, Coffee and Lavender. I can;t wait to find the perfect chart to stitch on them now.
I am so thrilled as Kellie and Sarah have both given me a Blog Award. Thank you so much girls, I really do appreciate it you both including me in your list. I am now supposed to list 10 little known or unique facts about myself. I haven't lead a very intersting life so I will say here are 10 boring facts about myself...lol.
- I have only been cross-stitching for ten years. I spotted a little teddy bear kit while out doing my weekly shopping in the local supermarket. I knew no one who stitched and had never seen or heard of cross-stitching before. The following week I discovered Cross-stitching magazines in my local newsagent, bought one and I have been hooked ever since.
- When I am not cross-stitching I like to read. I enjoy Biographys, Thrillers, Crime and Romance.
- Our family are "trekkies". I watch all the different series and movies but my favourite is Star Trek Voyager. Both my hubby and son are the real fanatics they have been to many conventions and met a lot of the stars and my loft is full of a large collection of toys, memorabilia etc. When we were dating my hubby wouldn't take me out on Thursday nights because Star Trek was on...lol.
- I am a member of the http://www.nts.org.uk/Home/ National Trust for Scotland. During the Spring, Summer and Autumn months I love to visit all the Historic Buildings and Gardens in Scotland.
- I love American tv , I watch all the CSI's, Criminal Minds,Criminal Intent, Law&Order etc. I'm addicted to re-runs of Friends and my favourite comedy just now is The Big Bang Theory.
- I have an interest in Geneology and last year I traced my Paternal Grandfathers family back to Ireland in the 1600's and my Maternal Grandfathers family to Ayrshire in the 1700's. My maiden name is Burns so I was hoping that I might have been related to the famous scots poet Robert Burns but sadly no. My relatives were all miners,maids and estate workers.
- I joined a Highland Dance school when I was about 7 years old and over the years gained many medals and trophies. Typical teenager I gave it up when I was 15 as it just won;t cool at that age. My daughter has attended the same school since she was 4 years old, she does tap, jazz and modern. My dance teacher still owns the school and teaches Heather who is now 17.
- My hero is my grandmother. She will be 94 years old this year. When she was born she was less than 2.lbs in weight and they put her in a shoe box and laid her buy the coal fire expecting her to die. She was widowed in her early thirtys and took many menial jobs to raise her three children. Last year she went into a nursing home, it breaks my heart as she now has dementia and no longer remembers who we are.
- I met my husband Ian on a blind date at a superbowl party. He is the love of my life and we will be together 23 years in September.
- Now my other husband or no maybe toyboy..I wish...Michael Buble. I am one of his biggest fans I just adore him and his music. I have been to see him twice, it should have been four times but twice in the past five years I was ill and not able to go. I can't wait until he comes back next year.
That was really difficult, there are so many wonderful blogs that I visit and leave comments on that I would like to have added to my list but I could only choose ten. I'm sure you will enjoy visiting these great blogs. For those that are listed here are the rules if you would like to accept the award.
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Paste the award on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Tell 10 interesting things about yourself.
- Nominate 10 blogs and post their link.
Well this has to be the longest post I have ever done, so I am off to get a cuppa and make dinner. Hugs!