Saturday 27 February 2010



Finished this one off today. I added the cording as an after-thought so it doesn't look to great at the bottom but it is a lesson for the next time. It has been a long time since I have stitched so many pieces in the one month. I know none of them are very big but believe me they are a lot of stitching finishes for me. I have really enjoyed my february freebie challenge and it has introduced me to a lot of new designers.


While out shopping yesterday I decided to have a browse at the stitching magazines. I very rarely buy one these days but when I saw this mag which has a very appropriate name I just had to have it. It contains the most stunning projects including embroidery, patchwork, stumpwork and cross-stitch. It makes someone like me wish I could do all these other beautiful crafts but I can only cross-stitch. I haven't had a chance yet to sit down and study the charts in detail but if possible one day I would like to attempt to make the Etui. Happy Stitching. Hugs!






































































































































































10 comments:

Jules said...

Beautiful finishing!

I have to admit that I love to buy the magazines. I especially love the imports from the UK!

Cath said...

Gorgeous finish , well done .
I have to admit to being sad and havng three mags on subscription, I love them for the charts and to see what other people are stitching. Though it has to be said , I am seeing a lot more through blogland now lol.

Erna said...

Love the finish and the magazine.I´m a magazine addict.....
Hugs
Erna

Kellie said...

I love your finish!! :)

Shari said...

beautiful finish!!!! Such pretty colors together!!! Wow, that magazine piece looks very challenging!!!!! Have fun with it!!!

too_busy_to_stitch said...

Love the finish! That magazine is amazing, but my finishing wouldn't be up to that kind of item!

Siobhán said...

Beautiful finish--great idea! That magazine looks amazing, I will have to look for it.

Bette said...

That is so pretty. And you did a beautiful job of finishing it.

Carol said...

I love how you finished this, Elaine--very pretty. And good for you for wanting to stitch the etui--I wouldn't have the courage, I'm afraid...

Mylene said...

What a lovely finsih, great job!
I sure love the magazine but a pity they are not on sale here.