Saturday 3 May 2008

A Wedding Gift

I am wishing with all my heart today that I could be in Wisconsin with my dear stitching friend Elaine (shutterbuglady) as her daughter Amber is getting married today. I have been following all the joy, excitement and ups and downs since the engagement was announced and it has been really interesting to learn about all the different wedding traditions in the US compared to the scottish ones. I wish Amber and Nathaniel all the joy and happiness for the future and I hope they like this small gift I made for them.
Hugs!

4 comments:

~Julie~ said...

Lainey, I ADORE that piece. I know they are going to just love it to pieces! It is very touching, and I know any newlywed couple would (and should be) ecstatic to receive it! The homemade/handmade gifts are always the best. =)


~Julie~

PS--but I'm sorry you weren't able to go! =(

Daffycat said...

Ooo, very lovely pressie! They are going to cherish your gift! Great stitching & finishing.

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic design and a beautiful wedding gift. I hope the newlywed couple love it even half as much as I do. Great work.

Lelia said...

Beautiful stitching!!! I'm sure they will enjoy their gift from you : )