Saturday 7 June 2008

My Summer Plants!

Thank you so much to everyone for the kind comments on my Girl about Town stitching cube. My nieces party was the day before her birthday so she was waiting until then to open her presents. Hopefully I will hear soon if she liked it. I have no stitchy pictures to post today so I decided to photograph some of the new plants we bought last week for our garden.



We had these two pots and baskets left from last year so we bought a bunch of bedding plants and my hubby filled them. I'm sorry but apart from the Lily I have no idea what the names of the other plants are, I just choose them for their colour..lol.













My favourite flowers in our garden are the roses which grow directly under our front window. I especially like the red one. They have just started to flower and I can;t wait until they are in full bloom. As well as flowers in our garden both my husband and myself enjoy visiting gardens and just recently we have joined the National Trust for Scotland. There are lots of great properties to visit including castles, palaces and country retreats http://www.nts.org.uk/Home/ Hopefully we will get round to visiting some in the next few weeks. Hugs!









8 comments:

staci said...

Very pretty! And congrats on getting that cute cube finished in the nick of time!!!

~Julie~ said...

Oooooooooooh! lol I really like flowers, but I have a black thumb!! I kill every piece of greenery I plant! I have managed to keep a few houseplants alive, but nothing more than that. lol S'okay I will just stare at your flowering plants and pretend! lol =) They're lovely, thanks for sharing, Lainey!


~Julie~

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are so pretty. Great job!!

Barb said...

The flowers are beautiful. And the cube for your niece is so cute.

Concetta said...

Your plants are just gorgeous! Beautiful colours (and I'm no use with the names either! ;)

~Julie~ said...

Hiya Lainey. I hope all is well with you and yours! What have you been stitching lately? Your plants are lovely, but I miss poking around your stitchy-stuffs! LOL

Take care,


~J

LoriRay said...

Wow, what gorgeous plants! Enjoy! :-)

Stitchingranny said...

Nothing like flowers to cheer up the dreariest of days. They are lovely.